#PEAK CHECK YOUR COOLANT SWEEPSTAKES
The #PEAK CHECK YOUR COOLANT SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) is intended for viewing and participation within the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. (collectively, the “United States”) only and will be construed and evaluated according to the applicable laws and regulations of the United States along with these Official Rules (“Official Rules”). Please do not enter if you are not a legal resident of the United States at the time of entry (see specific eligibility requirements below).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO WIN ANY OF THE PRIZES TO BE AWARDED THEREUNDER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes Period will begin on February 12, 2018 at 12:01 am Central Time and will end on December 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm Central Time (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. (a) Persons Eligible. To enter the Sweepstakes and to be eligible to win, an entrant (“Entrant”) must: (i) be a legal resident of one of the United States; (ii) be at least 18 years of age on or before the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period; and (iii) comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. (b) Persons Ineligible. Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, in addition to those persons who do not meet the eligibility requirements as stated above, persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize (defined below): (i) any person who is a shareholder, member, director, manager, officer, employee, agent, representative, or contractor of Old World Industries, LLC (the “Sponsor”); John Force Racing, Inc. (“John Force Racing”); National Hot Rod Association. (“NHRA”); Facebook, Inc. (Facebook”); Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or their respective subsidiaries or affiliates; (ii) any person engaged in the administration, development, execution, management or production of the Sweepstakes for or on behalf of the Sponsor; (iii) immediate family members (defined as a biological or step mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories regardless of where they live; and (iv) persons who reside in the same household (defined as persons living in the same household for at least 3 of the 12 months preceding the start of the Sweepstakes Period whether related or not) with any person in any of the preceding categories.
3. HOW TO ENTER. (a) To enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant (“Entrant”) must take a photograph of the antifreeze/coolant resevoir in his/her vehicle. Then post that photograph to your Instagram or Twitter account using the hashtag #peakcheckyourcoolant or upload the photograph to http://checkcoolant.hscampaigns.com/ (each posting referred to individually as an “Entry” and collectively as “Entries”). (b) Subject to any other restriction set forth in these Official Rules, there is no limit to the number of Entries during the Sweepstakes Period. All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is not responsible for undelivered, illegible or incomplete Entries.(c) Photographs must not violate any laws or rights of any person or entity. Photographs must not depict violent, reckless, harmful, lewd, sexually explicit, exploitive, profane or unsafe behavior or depict any injury to people, animals or property. Photographs must not depict any activity that puts minors at risk or that depicts them in any negative, harmful or exploitive way. Any creative works depicted in the photographs must be original works or Entrant must secure the appropriate copyrights and other applicable rights to said works prior to submission. (d) All Photographs will be deemed transferred/assigned to and will become the property of (or exclusively and perpetually licensed on a royalty free basis to Sponsor.
4. PRIZES. A total of 12 prizes (“Prizes”) will be awarded to 12 prize winners (“Prize Winners”) during twelve (12) time periods during the Sweepstakes Period in two (2) categories as follows: (a) One (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period to one (1) Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) in the form of 2 tickets to a 2019 NHRA Race of Entrant’s choice and a food and beverage voucher at the race venue (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $400); (b) 11 Monthly Prizes (“Monthly Prizes”) will be awarded to 11 Monthly Prize Winners (“Monthly Prize Winner(s)”) in the form of an autographed PEAK and John Force Racing-branded racing apparel item (ARV $50)
5. PRIZE DRAWINGS.
(a) There will be 11 separate Monthly Prize drawings at the conclusion of the following 11 Monthly periods (“Monthly Periods”) within the Sweepstakes Period:
- 2/12/2018 through 2/28/2018 (“Monthly Period One”)
- 3/1/2018 through 3/31/2018 (“Monthly Period Two”)
- 4/1/2018 through 4/30/2018 (“Monthly Period Three”)
- 5/1/2018 through 5/31/2018 (“Monthly Period Four”)
- 6/1/2018 through 6/30/2018 (“Monthly Period Five”)
- 7/1/2018 through 7/31/2018 (“Monthly Period Six”)
- 8/1/2018 through 8/31/2018 (“Monthly Period Seven”)
- 9/1/2018 through 9/30/2018 (“Monthly Period Eight”)
- 10/1/2018 through 10/31/2018 (“Monthly Period Nine”)
- 11/1/2018 through 11/30/2018 (“Monthly Period Ten”)
- 12/1/2018 through 12/31/2018 (“Monthly Period Eleven”)
(b) After the conclusion of each Monthly Period set forth above, the Sweepstakes judges designated by Sponsor (“Sweepstakes Judges”) will conduct a random drawing on or about the drawing dates set forth below to select 1 Monthly Prize Winner. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Weekly Period in question. The random drawing will be held at Northbrook, Illinois. The Sweepstakes Judges will draw from among all eligible Entries using a random generator program and select the Monthly Prize Winners from the list generated by the random generator (the “List”). The first name on the List will be selected as the Monthly Prize Winner for that Monthly Period. Each Monthly Prize Winner will be eligible to be awarded and receive the respective Monthly Prize corresponding to the drawing, subject to a final determination of eligibility under these Official Rules. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the total number of Prizes set forth above.
- Drawing for Weekly Period One – March 3, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Two – April 3, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Three – May 5, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Four – June 5, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Five – July 3, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Six – August 4, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Seven – September 4, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Eight – October 2, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Nine – November 3, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Ten – December 4, 2018
- Drawing for Weekly Period Eleven – January 5, 2018
(c) After the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, the Sweepstakes Judges will conduct a random drawing (on or before January 10, 2019) to select the Grand Prize Winner. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be held at Northbrook, Illinois or another location designated by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Judges will draw from among all eligible Entries, including Monthly Prize Winners, using a random generator program and select the Prize Winner from the List generated by the random generator. The first name on the List will be selected as the Grand Prize Winner and will be eligible to be awarded and receive the Grand Prize, subject to a final determination of eligibility under these Official Rules. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than one Grand Prize.
6. PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATIONS AND CLAIMING PRIZES. (a) Each Prize Winner will be contacted by phone, mail or email with instructions on how to claim his/her Prize. In the event that a: (i) Prize Winner is found to be ineligible; (ii) Prize Winner declines to accept the Prize; (iii) Prize Winner cannot be contacted or found within a reasonable period; or (iv) a Prize confirmation or Prize is returned undeliverable, the respective Prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, said Prize may be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner, as stated herein. If Sponsor elects to award a forfeited Prize to an alternate Prize Winner, the alternate Prize Winner will be chosen, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, from the next Entrant’s name on the applicable above-mentioned Lists or from a separate randomly generated drawing from among all remaining eligible Entrants. Each Prize Winner will be required to furnish proof of eligibility. In addition, before being verified as an official winner, each Prize Winner (and his/her guests, if applicable) will be required – if requested -- to execute and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and a W9 form within 10 business days from the time it is sent by the Sponsor or its representative. (b) Sponsor will have up to four (4) weeks to determine and verify the eligibility of the Prize Winner and award the Prize after verification. Sponsor will not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason outside of its control. Each Prize will only be awarded and delivered to the verified Prize Winner. (c) By accepting a Prize, the respective Prize Winner (and his/her guests, if applicable) consent(s) to the use of his/her Entry, name(s), address(es), voice(s), likeness(es) and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor (including photographs and videos of the Prize Winner and his/her guests, if applicable) without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any of its representatives in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. (d) As to each Prize, each respective Prize Winner is solely responsible for the following: (i) any federal, state and/or local taxes, including income and withholding taxes, associated with receipt of the Prize; (ii) any additional costs and expenses associated with the Prize Winner’s receipt of his/her Prize, other than what is stated herein, including, but not limited to, insurance, licensing, gratuities and other personal expenses incurred in the acceptance or use of the Prize; and (iii) responsibility for adhering to any expiration dates in relation to receipt of his/her Prize. Each Prize is non-transferable and no Prize substitutions will be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute another Prize or Prize component of comparable or greater value. Where applicable, Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 and/or other income tax forms to the Prize Winner, where required by law.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. (a) By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant: (i) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and including the Entrant’s agreement that a completed Entry includes a binding form of Entrant’s electronic signature binding the Entrant to these Official Rules; and (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes Judges, as made in their sole discretion, which decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. (b) Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete Entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All Entries will be deemed transferred/assigned to and will become the property of (or exclusively and perpetually licensed on a royalty free basis to) Sponsor and in no case will be returned. (c) The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry in the Sweepstakes or entitlement to a Prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means). (d) If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of Entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8. INDEMNITY. As a condition of entering, Entrant agrees: (a) to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor, its promotional agents, representatives and contractors administering the Sweepstakes, as well John Force Racing, Facebook, Twitter, individually and collectively, any and all shareholders, members, directors, managers, officers, employees, agents, representatives or contractors of said persons or entities (or their subsidiaries and affiliates), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, any Prizes awarded, or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize or any travel or other activities related thereto; (b) that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain any awards or judgments for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes regardless of how caused or regardless of the theory of liability or recovery; (c) that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred or $500, whichever is less.
9. SWEEPSTAKES OPERATION. (a) Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. (b) Sponsor does not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted and Sponsor will not be responsible for any problems that may arise, including, but not limited to: (i) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; (ii) failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (iii) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in the offering or announcement of any Prize or in any Prize notification documents; (iv) any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
10. DISCLOSURES. (a) Any attempt by an Entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, any fraudulent claims may be a violation of both civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Any Entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any Prize won. (b) In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any other Sweepstakes materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules will prevail. (c) All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Illinois without regard to Illinois’ conflicts of law principles. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts of the U.S. located in Cook County, Illinois. (d) The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor’s employees, agents, representatives or contractors are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
11. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Old World Industries, LLC, 3100 Sanders Road, Northbrook, Illinois 60062.
12. PRIZE WINNERS LIST. For the name of the Sweepstakes Prize Winners, send a self-addressed postage stamped envelope to “#PEAK CHECK YOUR COOLANT SWEEPSTAKES Prize Winner Name Request,” c/o Old World Industries, LLC, 3100 Sanders Road, Northbrook, Illinois 60062 no later than March 10, 2019. The name of Prize Winners will be sent after Prizes are awarded.
14. ADVERTISING DISCLAIMER. References to John Force Racing and NHRA (including trademarks and the use of the name and likeness of the John Force Racing drivers) are used with permission.
15. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER: The Sweepstakes is controlled and administered by and through of Sponsor and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Prizes to be awarded for this Sweepstakes are not provided by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Entrant acknowledges that the information he/she will provide to enter and participate in the Sweepstakes will be provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
©2018 Old World Industries, LLC. All Rights Reserved.